BoiC.G.H. Forum | Community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Celebrity Shock at Haunting at Gwrych Castle | North Wales UK | Paranormal | Historical | Haunted

There may currently be a stupendously large spotlight shining down on Gwrych Castle in Abergele Wales right now as UK tabloids show shadow figures looking down from the castles towers.

The media is attempting to capture celebrity guests every move as they take up residence there to participate in the television programme 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here'. But something tells me theyve taken on more than they can handle.

The castle is already known to be occupied by its own guests and let me tell you right now, they are anything but new. In fact the guests we are speaking of checked in centuries ago! 

This 19th century, 200 year old fortress is believed to be haunted by a betrayed Countess who wonders the perimeters at night seeking her revenge. Others report seeing a white floating apparition.

Many staff, unable to cope with the amount of supernatural activity, have quit their jobs. Ghostly faces peering through windows and piercing corridor screams proving simply too much!

While filming, British TV presenters Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly witnessed some very unsettling events when they ventured down into the castles 'crypt' dungeon, causing them to flee and cease recording!

The ghost of the Countess of Dundonald, who died in 1924, is believed to search the darkness for her husband, the 12th Earl of Dundonald, Earl Douglas Cochrane.

The Countess wanted to gift the property to King George V after her death but sadly he refused the gesture and the castle was eventually sold at auction.

Heartbroken, her husband, the 12th Earl of Dundonald, Earl Douglas Cochrane sold everything he had and bought his beloved castle back!

It is said the Countess is not happy! 

Also the spirit of a servant girl has been seen hundreds of times. The girl died when she fell from her horse and is said to still haunt the area.

The castle holds regular tours. So be prepared as you just never know who you might bump into in the night! A Countess, an Earl, a servant girl. Also rumoured to be keeping things in order from a supernatural perspective are a previous Butler, a gamekeeper and a dairy milk maid!

Wishing the ITV TV crew team safe investigations! 

Photographs sourced at GOOGLE.COM

Uploaded files:
  • e806260579f6b9f3540b3de86577b1f9.jpg
  • 20201121_135126.jpg
  • 20201121_135110.jpg

*All properties require prior authorization and permission to investigate.  Boise City Ghost Hunters DOES NOT investigate cemeteries.*

Paranormal Idahome