BoiC.G.H. Forum | Paranormal History | Community

Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations offers one of the most extensive Paranormal and Historical forums on the web. All the information is broken down into easy to find topics and resource points. You can also do a keyword search. Thank you!

If you would like to participate in the forum discussion please fill out our form to join HERE.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Witch Hunt (2021) | Saturday Night Scares | Movie Recommendation | Community | Entertainment | BoiCGH

Grab a soda and your favorite snacks because tonight is going to be a whole lot of fun!

I am excited to bring some age appropriate content which can be enjoyed by our younger audiences. Witch Hunt has a parental guidance of  age (15+).

Directed by Elle Callahan and stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Martha Goode, Abigail Cohen as Fiona, Gideon Adlon as Claire Goode, Echo Campbell as Shae and Christian Camargo as Detective Hawthorne.

The Witch Hunt world is set in modern United States where witches are real and witchcraft is illegal.

Ever wondered what it must have been like living in the witch trial era? This movie really ignites factual with fiction and is honestly a delight.

In this alternate reality, witch hunting is thrust into the modern area.

The Goode family help shelter witches as they escape across the Mexican border to safety.

Claire Goode overcomes her own personal prejudices and helps defend the witches. However, Claire soon realises that she too will soon become hunted herself.

And i just have to take this moment to share a tiny bit of witchcraft history ha.

In Colonial times there were actual laws against witchcraft. The English introduced the ‘Witchcraft Act’ of 1604 forbidding such workings.

As a result of the Salem Witch Trials in 1692 the Massachusetts Court passed an ‘Act against conjuration, witchcraft and dealing with evil spirits’. After this order, spectral/supernatural heresay was no longer accepted as evidence. 

Sadly, many had already been executed including a young woman named Sarah Goode who i suspect inspired the the name of the Goode family in this movie. Also Judge Hawthorne who oversaw the Salem Witch Trials in real life possibly inspired Detective Hawthornes character.

Prepare to enter a Bureau of Witchcraft Investigations.

Watch some super cool visual effects as modern witch hunters employ traditional folklore and repellants.

Learn a lot of cool facts like how in real life they used to ‘identify’ witches and/or any persons who were guilty of ‘making a pact with the devil’. And did you know that red hair throughout history was always classed as being ‘otherworldly’ and this is why we see many witches portrayed with blazing red hair today.

By the end of the movie, boy was i relieved not to have lived through Colonial days.

I love all things magical so found this movie to be deliciously entertaining.

I hope you enjoy it too.

Let me know your favorite scene in the comments below.

Stay Spooky.

*All properties require prior authorization and permission to investigate.  Boise City Ghost Hunters DOES NOT investigate cemeteries.*

Become a content writer or guest writer for Boise City Ghost Hunters! Go to our Guidelines HERE.

FORUM GUIDELINES

• Relevant content to the paranormal is a must
  • Non-explicit content on our site and/or any linking sites or pages
  • Factual and informational
  • You are free to stop posting at any time. Boise City Ghost Hunters reserves the right to retain any posts provided prior to your exit date for continued use on our site.

If any of our guidelines are not followed you will be blocked and removed from our site.

Bones Coffee | Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations

Disclaimer:  As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.