BoiC.G.H. Forum | Paranormal History | Community

Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations offers one of the most extensive Paranormal and Historical forums on the web. All the information is broken down into easy to find topics and resource points. You can also do a keyword search. Thank you!

If you would like to participate in the forum discussion please fill out our form to join HERE.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Murder House | Boise Idaho | Paranormal | Historical | Haunted | IdaHaunts | BoiCGH

Sometimes the stuff of nightmares becomes reality, and that's exactly what took place here in Idaho just over 30 years ago!

At first glance i noted an immediate and terrifying similarity to the infamous Amityville house.

Lets go back!

June 30th, 1987

A neighbour is alarmed to hear an urgent and frantic banging on their front door and runs to see what the commotion is. A man is pleading for help, his name was Preston Murr, he was just 21 years old. The neighbour immediately turns to go and call the police, on his return he see the man with two other men brawling and scurrying back across the road.

There are crimson handprints everywhere, a trail of blood leading from across the street.

AND BACK AGAIN!

Sadly the neighbour was unaware that the two accompanying men were not helping Preston but the three men actually were friends, yet Preston Murr had just been shot by these two so called friends who would then proceed kill and dismember his body that very hour.

A good friend of mine actually spent some time lodging here at this very house, as a mid 80s student, and kindly shared a little about his experience there. He states that he lived there in 1990 and his first impression of the house was how 'creepy and weird' it felt. He describes it "it kinda had a gloomy personality all of its own".

He added "the downstairs area was huge, with two good sized parlours which were divided by a large sweeping staircase leading to the bedrooms up on the next level. There was no electricity at that time except a red bathroom heat lamp.

I was also working at the time and would come home about 7am when i would try and get a little sleep before class a few hours later. So as my room mates had already left for class the house was completely empty, i was alone in the house.

Someone began to knock on a door, a couple down from mine, so i yelled out that everyone had already left for school. There was no response. Then MY own door began knocking, i entertained the thought that maybe it was just my room mates boyfriend come to play a trick on me or something? So i jumped out of bed and speedily opened the door, NOBODY there. I walked through every single room in that house it was completely empty! 

I returned that evening and my room mates and the owner were upstairs drinking beer and chatting. I asked who was the jester playing all the tricks on me this morning - i was met with blank and confused stares.

Then one of them said 'MAYBE YOU NEED TO TELL HIM WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THIS HOUSE'. So they told me all about the murder that had taken place just a few years prior. Then each room mate went on to explain how they too were all experiencing the same knocking sounds and sinister feelings too. They had even claimed they have seen a dark figure standing in one of the windows from the outside front view".

The home indeed operated as a fraternity house for some time. Two men were imprisoned for the murder, one served 6 years for being an accomplice whilst the other is still serving a life sentence at Idaho Correctional Facility.

Knocking doors, shadow people, a feeling of being watched. We can't help but wonder if the spirit of tragic Preston Murr still inhabits this tragic home.

Maybe the saying is really true the, that there are some things even time can't heal.

• This property is now privately owned and trespassing prohibited.

*All properties require prior authorization and permission to investigate.  Boise City Ghost Hunters DOES NOT investigate cemeteries.*

Become a content writer or guest writer for Boise City Ghost Hunters! Go to our Guidelines HERE.

FORUM GUIDELINES

• Relevant content to the paranormal is a must
  • Non-explicit content on our site and/or any linking sites or pages
  • Factual and informational
  • You are free to stop posting at any time. Boise City Ghost Hunters reserves the right to retain any posts provided prior to your exit date for continued use on our site.

If any of our guidelines are not followed you will be blocked and removed from our site.

Bones Coffee | Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations

Disclaimer:  As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.