BoiC.G.H. Forum | Paranormal History | Community

Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations offers one of the most extensive Paranormal and Historical forums on the web. All the information is broken down into easy to find topics and resource points. You can also do a keyword search. Thank you!

If you would like to participate in the forum discussion please fill out our form to join HERE.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

This Story Will Break Your Heart | A New York State Of Mind | The Most Beautiful Haunting In History | Evelyn McHale Manifests At Empire State Building | New York | Paranormal | Historical | Haunting | America | BoiCGH

Truly this article hit me hard. I knew what was coming and didn't want to read on. In the name of doing what we do best at Boise City Ghost Hunters, invaluable discovery and research, I continued. Research is not always easy, but it is always worth it. 

But be warned, this story will break your heart.

New York is certainly no stranger to the paranormal. But not all these spectres are hiding in its depths. There is one known spectre who resides at none other than the Empire State Building. Her manifestation is known as 'the most beautiful haunting in the United States' as she was a true representation of Hollywood glamour.

This female entity will readily manifest for all to see. After all, she has a history, and a story to tell.

Evelyn McHale lived a short life, 1923 1947. She was born in Berkerly California. At age 7 her world came crashing down when, at just age 7, her parents divorced. Evelyn suffered tremendously emotionally. Her father was granted custody and they relocated to Tuckahoe, New York.

At age 23, during a crisp spring day, Evelyn visited her fiance who lived in Pennsylvania. Nobody knows the true events that occurred or what conversations were had there but Evelyn changed from that day.

In 1947 Evelyn decided she wanted to see the Observation Deck at the Empire State Building. She was known for her style and elegance. She decided to wear her white gloves, silk scarf and pearl necklace. Moments later she hopped on a train, and not long after was stepping into an elevator at the Empire State Building.

But the day was not about sightseeing, and anyone who would have came face to face with Evelyn that fateful day would have noticed how detached and distant she appeared that day. Many believe it was a look of despair, desperation.

On 5th Avenue, West 34th Street, would never be the same again.

As she reached the Observation area, not many people noticed Evelyn enter the room, the viewing deck was busy as usual.

At 10.40am Patrolman John Morrisey watched as Evelyn casually removed her coat and folded it on a bench. When he looked back moments later all he saw was a white silk scarf falling down near the balconies followed by a shattering booming sound below.

Evelyn had jumped 1050 feet (86 storeys) to her death right there and then. Onlookers were traumatised. Robert Wiles, a local photography student, just happened to be standing right across the street. He snapped a photograph of Evelyns body lying across a Cadillac limosene, which is now described as one of the most poignant photographs in history. 

Evelyn had written a suicide note it read:

'I don't want anyone in, or out, of my family to see any part of my body. Please destroy my body by cremation and I beg please don't have any remembrance service for me'.

Some stories are so hard to grasp. What news did Evelyn receive when she visited her fiance? Regardless, it was clearly too much for Evelyn to bear.

Some weeks later Evelyns father received a letter from Evelyn explaining that her fiance had asked for her hand in marriage but that she felt as though she were not good enough. She also said he would do better without her as she had too many of 'her mothers tendencies'.

It has been over seventy years since Evelyns death. One continual remains, the reportings by hundreds of individuals who have visited the Observation Deck who claim they saw the ghost of Evelyn today. 

They all describe the same visual 'a lady dressed in 40s clothes, wearing red lipstick, who is nervously pacing up and down the room'.

Surely this is exactly what Evelyn would have acted like before her final moments?

All I know is that i really want to visit the Observation area. 

*All properties require prior authorization and permission to investigate.  Boise City Ghost Hunters DOES NOT investigate cemeteries.*

Become a content writer or guest writer for Boise City Ghost Hunters! Go to our Guidelines HERE.

FORUM GUIDELINES

• Relevant content to the paranormal is a must
  • Non-explicit content on our site and/or any linking sites or pages
  • Factual and informational
  • You are free to stop posting at any time. Boise City Ghost Hunters reserves the right to retain any posts provided prior to your exit date for continued use on our site.

If any of our guidelines are not followed you will be blocked and removed from our site.

Bones Coffee | Boise City Ghost Hunters Paranormal Research and Investigations

Disclaimer:  As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.